The following information and links are for prospective parents and provide you with all the information you need before and during the admissions process. If you need any further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 2591900.
Junior School Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the fees?
- What are the term dates?
- What type of scholarships and/or bursaries are available at Leicester Grammar School?
- When is the next Open Day?
Our next Open Morning will be on Saturday 4th November 2018 from 9.30am to 1.00pm. Click here for more information or to register.
- What are the admission criteria and the process for applying/joining Leicester Grammar School?
- Is Leicester Grammar School in the Good Schools Guide?
Yes, please click here to read our review.
- What are the timings of the school day?
Pupils can enter the School building for breakfast, or if they have a music lesson, from 7.45am - 8.00am. All pupils must be present in time for morning registration, which takes place every day at 8.30am and is followed by a daily assembly at 8.40am. The first lesson begins each day at 9.00am. There are nine teaching periods in the school day, with a morning break at 11.25am, lunch between 1.00pm and 2.00pm, and the last lesson ending every day at 3.50pm. There are many clubs and activities running before school, at lunchtime and after school: these are updated termly and can be found by clicking here.
|The School Day
|Registration & Assembly
||8.30 - 9.00
||9.00 - 9.35
||9.35 - 10.10
||10.10 - 10.15
||10.15 - 10.50
||10.50 - 11.25
||11.25 - 11.45
||11.45 - 12.20
||12.20 - 12.55
||12.55 - 1.55
||1.55 - 2.05
||2.05 - 2.40
||2.40 - 3.15
||3.15 - 3.50
|Late Room Supervision
||4.00 - 5.00
- What are the class sizes?
The maximum form size in years 6 to 11 is 25 pupils. Classes for GCSE and A level subjects are usually much smaller than this, but are dependent on the number of pupils opting for each subject.
- What are the school's public examination results?
- When was Leicester Grammar School last inspected?
The last inspectation took place in 2011. To see the full inspection report, please click here.
- What transportation is available to and from the School?
- Is there a recommended reading list?
- Why choose LGS?
- Leicester Grammar School: A Students' Perspective