We welcome applications to join our Sixth Form. Applications for entry into our Sixth Form in September 2018 should be submitted before Friday 23rd February 2018.
How to Apply
- Complete the main LGS and Sixth Form application forms and return to Admissions, Leicester Grammar School, London Road, Great Glen LE8 9FL along with the £75 registration fee and copy of the applicant's birth certificate
- The application will then be acknowledged and then the applicant will be invited in for an Assessment Day on Friday 9th March 2018
- The applicant will then a) be offered an unconditional place, b) be offered a conditional place (only confirmed on receipt of his/her GCSE results in August) or not offered a place
- If the applicant is offered an unconditional or conditional place, he/she will be invited to attend the Sixth Form inductions at the end of June 2018 and at the start of September 2018
Our Expectations of Sixth Form Students
The position of Leicester Grammar School as one of the top co-educational day schools in the country is based to a large extent on the achievements of its Sixth Formers. We aim to prepare our students to be independent, free-thinking, highly qualified individuals, and confident in their ability to make their chosen way in the world.
We expect a great deal from our Sixth Form students in terms of their commitment to School activities and academic studies. In return we are only too happy to be fully engaged by them in the team effort necessary to achieve the highest standards.
The aim of the Grammar School is excellence. As a necessary first step to a place in the Sixth Form candidates will normally be expected to have a Grade 7 or better in three of the subjects they intend taking at A-Level. However, depending on the coherence of the A-Level subject combination selected, the attitude of the student towards their studies we would usually expect candidates to be admitted to the sixth form if they obtain a minimum of 77666. Furthermore, it is however vital from our perspective that this is matched by a positive attitude to the School and all that it has to offer.
During the phased introduction of the new GCSE 1-9 Grading System the school will consider Grades A and B attained under the former system at par with Grades 7 and 6 respectively.
NEW! Sir Thomas White Trust Scholarship
Leicester Grammar School Trust is pleased to announce a new opportunity for students hoping to join the Sixth Form at Leicester Grammar School. The funding for this is from the Sir Thomas White Trust and covers the full fee for both Sixth Form years.
The conditions are:
- You should expect to achieve 9 A* and A grades at GCSE level with ideally most at A*
- You should be currently educated in a state school
- Your family should earn less than £35,000 and this can be means tested on application
- You will be interviewed by representatives of the Sir Thomas White Trust who make the final selection. To convince the interviewing panel you will need to show ambition and drive to succeed
Application is through the normal Grammar School application form with a covering letter to explain why you should be considered for the award.