Young Enterprise has been a successful and popular component of our sixth form extra curricular provision for over a decade. It is an optional programme, and has been consistently oversubscribed within the school. Participation in the Young Enterprise company programme counts as AQA Bacc enrichment.
The link teacher operates an applications procedure for a place on the programme which mimics the 'real life' process of applying for a job. Successful applicants are then put in to companies of approximately eleven achievers.
- The achievers will elect company roles which allocates a position of responsibility to various members of the company
- This position of responsibility will be to lead a particular area of the company, such as sales, marketing or operations
- Possible such roles may include Managing Director, Deputy Managing Director (sometimes), Company Secretary, Human Resources, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Health & Safety, ICT
- Other roles may be defined according to need, such as project manager for a particular product/service being offered, Chairman, or Headmaster liaison
- Achievers can therefore get a good overview of business whilst learning about certain areas of the company in depth
Achievers will therefore learn about running a company, teamwork, working to deadlines, profit and loss, liaison with other businesses amongst a host of other skills that prove very useful for UCAS and the world of work later in life.
Click a link below to open the related document: